Vonjour is the uber intelligent business phone system and customer communications platform. Vonjour offers new channels for businesses to support customers, while providing businesses visual analytics to measure organizational effectiveness. Vonjour makes any organization faster, more responsive and more sophisticated in supporting its customers.
About the Job:
We’re looking for a Interaction Designer with a bend for brand to join the growing design team at Vonjour. You will drive the front end implementation of web collateral for Vonjour. As we grow the website and the marketing around the service, we need someone with the HTML & CSS chops to take kick-ass design and turn it into even better web experiences for users.
You love building pages that deliver the best user experience on any modern browser. You love front end frameworks, but use them sparingly.
With your resume, include links to portfolio work you think best represents your aesthetic and instinct for functional design. It doesn’t all need to be projects that made a million dollars or even launched. Show us work you’re proud of. Also, link to design communities you’re involved in (Dribbble, Forrst, etc). And show us some of your inner nerd – include your favorite design-nerd thing. These are a few of ours.
- Author fast-rendering reusable components using HTML/CSS
- Design and build a page to help communicate various parts of our brand and messaging.
- Play well with others. Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and ship new stuff.
- Juggle multiple projects and stay on top of tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Your turnaround time will be days to weeks for projects, and you will keep projects moving quickly through the pipeline.
- Drive the front-of-the-funnel engagement through solutions pages, as well as ensuring that all things we ship are compatible and usable cross-platform.
- Experience working in a high-velocity environment where new pages are being cut on a weekly basis.
- Experience working on a production pipeline from concept to engineering handoff: you love shipping beautiful products.
- Tuned attention to details. You sweat the little things.
- You are obsessed (borderline compulsive actually) about making user interfaceslook right and work right. You dig the science of user experience and have opinions.
- You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You communicate well out loud, on paper and in code
Nice to have:
- You have an eye for design. You are interested in visual and/or interaction design, and maybe have even performed one of these roles in the past.
- You take pride in your pixels. You routinely astonish colleagues with your detail orientation.
- Experience working in short, agile, iterative development cycles.
- CS background is preferred, but it’s more important that you are passionate about design and usability.
- Salary: $60-$110,000 annually, and profit-sharing
- Equity after a vesting period (did we mention, we plan to EXPLODE!).
- Full benefits, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Excellent gear (we love Apple and big monitors).
How to apply:
- Send resume to email@example.com
- Please include links to portfolio work and/or design communities that you are involved in (Dribbble, Forrst, etc).